What I Need to Know
Have Your Say
Services & Support
Sustainability & Protection
Planning & Building
Investment & Industry
What We Are & Do
Where Interesting Happens
You are here
Find the perfect partner at the City of Canterbury Bankstown’s biggest business event - Get
Connected @ Business Speed Networking. The event will be held at Bankstown Library and
Knowledge Centre on Wednesday 8 November, from 6.30pm.
Business owners, investors and future entrepreneurs are invited to come along with a pile of
their business cards and their business pitch, to share them with other attendees and see if
they’re a good business fit for each other.
Mayor, Khal Asfour, said it was a smart event for business leaders to be a part of.
“There’s never enough time in the day, so we’ve made it easy for businesses to get onboard
and talk to everyone in this speed-date-like setting,” Mayor Asfour said.
“Canterbury-Bankstown’s economy is thriving. It’s worth more than $30 billion but it’s
important we continue to grow.”
The benefits of this speed networking event include:
• The opportunity to network directly with more people than a typical networking event;
• Being part of a fun and comfortable environment;
• Having the ability to connect with new people;
• Learning effective networking techniques through focused conversations; and
• Giving business owners the opportunity to practice their business pitch.
There will also be three tailored workshops held before the Get Connect @ Business Speed
Networking event, including:
• Exploring eCommerce and Cross Border Trade Opportunities in Southeast Asia (2.30-
• Building Customer Engagement Online (3.30-4.30pm); and
• Small Business Ecosystems (4.30-5.30pm).
From 6-6.30pm, a number of industry experts will speak to participants, including Building
Customer Engagement Online workshop presenter, Gina Jaaskelainen, from Gina Digital.
“More often than not, small business owners are time poor and need guidance or direction on
how to get out there in the digital space. This is why I offer one-on-one mentoring sessions.
You wouldn’t do your finances on your own, so why would you do your marketing on your
own,” she said.
“The focus of my workshop and my pitch will be on how businesses can capture their
audience and how online marketing can help increase the amount of customers connecting
with their brand, product or service.”
For more information about the event, or to book your spot in a workshop, contact Domenica
Mirarchi on 9707 9227 or email email@example.com
30/11/2017 3:33 PM